For me, when the leaves start changing colors and the nights become a little cooler, I have the urge to put on some new sneakers first thing in the morning, swing a backpack over my shoulders and head down to the bus stop for a ride back to school. Like clockwork this urge reemerges every autumn, and I’ve been out of school for many, many years now. I guess old habits die hard.
Well, if you made it over to the blog of a real estate school’s website this month, chances are you’re probably thinking the same thing – time to go back to school.
If you do decide to take the plunge, here is an overview of what a real estate career will look like from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Does it still sound like a good idea? Well of course it does — who doesn’t want to be his or her own boss?
1) One must meet the statutory licensing qualifications of honesty, integrity, truthfulness, reputation, and competency. That Means an applicant does not qualify for a real estate license if he or she has any felony convictions in the last five years of if the applicant has any misdemeanor involving fraud, misrepresentation, theft, or dishonesty within the last three years.
2) Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
3) Have at a minimum a High School diploma or its equivalent.
4) Take 120 hours of approved education at a certified Real Estate Pre-License School, such as Stringham Schools.
5) Take and pass the Sales Agent exam.
6) Submit to the Division:
- Completed and signed application (issued at the testing center).
- Signed original school certificates (issued by the real estate school) or Education Waiver (issued by the Division).
- Signed responses to the Qualifying Questionnaire (issued at the testing center) and supporting documentation to any “YES” answers.
- Two fingerprint cards (Blue FD-258) or receipt of electronic fingerprint submission and a signed Fingerprint Waiver (issued at the testing center).
- $152 non-refundable fee ($100 application fee, $12 recovery fund fee and $40 fingerprint processing fee).
- Social Security Verification Form completed.
Don’t be late and try and grab a seat near the front.