does agrent commission include closing cost and attoney fee?

HOME Forum General Questions does agrent commission include closing cost and attoney fee?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Peijung Tsai
      Participant

As I’m working on the state review exam, the question states as below:
      The owner wants to net $40,000 upon selling the property. The commission is 7%, there will be $2,500 in closing costs, plus a $450 fee to the attorney. What does the property need to sell for to get the owner $40,000 net?

(a) $200,555

(b) $50,125.00

(c) $215,716

(d) $46,182.80; the only way I can get any number close to the selection is to include the closing fee and attorney fee into the calculation (aka (40000+2500+450)/0.93 = 46182.8. I didn’t think the real estate agent commission fee includes the closing close. Please advise.

Brian Swan
      Keymaster

Yes, (d) is correct. You must add the closing costs, attorney fee, and the commission to the $40,000

Peijung Tsai
      Participant

to be clear, your answer implies that the seller agent charges commission to the closing cost. If the closing cost is $2500, the cost to the seller is $2500*1.07 = 2650. Since the closing may vary slightly, how does the seller agent provide the accurate net calculation initially?

Peijung Tsai
      Participant

Never mind. I figure out where I screw up. Thanks for the answer

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
IMPORTANT: For a better learning experience, please switch to a new browser.

It looks like you are using Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge as your browser. In order to ensure your progress is tracked correctly, please download and use either Google Chrome or Firefox.