Open Houses

HOME Forum General Questions Open Houses

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kathleen Millar 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author

Kathleen Millar
    Participant

Is a realtor required to be at an open house or can a non-agent run an open house and provide cards/listing information?

Brian Swan
    Keymaster

First, for purposes of the exam, I want you to remove the word “Realtor” from your vocabulary. Realtor is a trademarked status that you get when you become a member of the National Association of Realtors, which is a private association and there is no legal requirement to join. Therefore, you will never be tested on Realtor related issues. If you are, the answer of “Realtor” will be the wrong answer.

So, as a result, the law is the same way. No where in the law does it say a Realtor has to be at an open house. But it does say that a licensee has to be present at an open house. So, to answer your question, a non-licensed assistant cannot conduct an open house by themselves. A licensed sales agent must also be present at the open house. That’s because an open house is one aspect of practicing real estate, and you need a real estate license to practice real estate.

Kathleen Millar
    Participant

Oops, I’ll remember that. I do remember hearing that in one of the classes now that you mention it. Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

IMPORTANT: For a better learning experience, please switch to a new browser.

It looks like you are using Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge as your browser. In order to ensure your progress is tracked correctly, please download and use either Google Chrome or Firefox.