Utah has real estate license reciprocity agreements with Georgia, Mississippi and Alberta, Canada. If you have a current, active license in one of these states you can submit a reciprocity application with the state of Utah along with the following:
- Original, certified license history (no more than six months old).
- A notarized letter on the company letter head for Principal and Branch Brokers authorizing the use of the company name.
- Two fingerprint cards and a signed Fingerprint Waiver from the Division or local police station.
- Real Estate Sales Agent: $152 ($100 application fee, $40 fingerprint processing, $12 recovery fund).
- Real Estate Broker: $158 ($100 application fee, $40 fingerprint processing, $18 recovery fund).
- Completed Certification of Legal Presence Document
You will not be required to take a Utah exam or complete any Utah real estate school pre-licensing courses if your current license is in good standing from a reciprocity state.