Welcome, this website is published and maintained by Stringham Schools, Utah’s premier pre-licensing real estate school. This Enrollment Agreement (agreement) is a binding agreement between the student (you, your) and Stringham School (we, us). This agreement is to be read thoroughly. This agreement will govern your relationship with Stringham Schools and is subject to change at any time without notice to you. This agreement is binding and effective upon your signature, if enrolling in person, or your electronic acknowledgement that you agree to the termis of this agreement.
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT.
THIS IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND STRINGHAM SCHOOLS.
BY SUBMITTING TO THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ARE AGREEING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR EACH TERM AND CONDITION. THIS AGREEMENT IS TO BE READ IN THE FIRST PERSON.
- I understand that the tuition covers all costs of the course. I further understand that under Utah law, the pre-licensing course I’ve enrolled in is valid for only 12 months from the date of my enrollment and must be completed within that time to receive the necessary completion certificate required to be eligible to take the state licensing exam. I understand that my tuition allows me to retake classes any time within the 12 months of my enrollment, and that if I do not complete the course within the 12 months of enrolling, I will be subject to reenrollment, with a new tuition fee, and must begin the course from the beginning without any hours carrying over.
- I recognize that the cost of any additional written certifications required by the Utah Division of Real Estate or any other regulatory entity, for this or any other course, is NOT included in the tuition.
- I agree that all tuition must be received prior to receiving certification of hours. There will be a $50 charge on returned checks.
- I agree that tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- I understand that I can apply for a waiver of hours with the Division of Real Estate prior to enrollment in the course. The Division of Real Estate may issue a waiver of all or part of the required education hours by virtue of having completed:
- other equivalent education as part of a college undergraduate or postgraduate degree program, regardless of the date of the degree;
- having been licensed in a state that has substantially equivalent prelicensing education requirements; or
- evidence current membership in the Utah State Bar.
- A STUDENT ACCEPTED OR ENROLLED FOR EDUCATION HOURS CANNOT LATER REDUCE THOSE HOURS BY APPLYING FOR AN EDUCATION WAIVER. AN EDUCATION WAIVER MUST BE OBTAINED BEFORE A STUDENT ENROLLS AND IS ACCEPTED BY A SCHOOL FOR EDUCATION HOURS. Thus, once I enroll for for hours, I understand that I may no longer be issued a waiver.
- I understand that the Utah Division of Real Estate will conduct a thorough background investigation at the time I submit my application for licensing. I understand that applicants for licensure must disclose any criminal history by answering a questionnaire as part of the pre-license exam, as well as submit fingerprint cards to the Division and consent to a criminal background check. Licenses issued by the Division may be conditional, pending the completion of the background check. I understand that failure to accurately disclose a criminal history could result in an immediate and automatic license revocation. I acknowledge that applicants with a criminal history listed in Utah Administrative Code R162-2f-201(a) do not qualify for a license. I further acknowledge that applicants with a criminal history other than as described in R162-2f-201(a) will be considered on a case-by-case basis and may be required to appear at an administrative hearing to determine qualifications for licensure.
- I acknowledge that I have received the current state Examination Candidate Handbook for the State of Utah, and I have been made aware of the screening questions contained within it.
- Questions or concerns regarding the background investigation, or screening questions should be directed to the Utah Division of Real Estate at: (801)-530-6747.
- No Guarantee
- I understand and agree that completion of Stringham Schools’ classes is not a guarantee of course completion certification, passing of the state exam, licensure, or career employment. I further understand and agree that if I receive my course completion certificate, Stringham Schools does not guarantee my passing of the state exam, licensure, or employment. Additionally, I understand that Stringham Schools does not guarantee my own comprehension of the material, memorization understanding, or even my preparedness to take the state exam.
- Release of Liability
- I understand that through this contractual obligation, which I hereby acknowledge, do release and forever discharge Stringham Schools, their agents, employees, affiliates, licensees, successors, assigns, facilities, and premises from any claims, demands, damages, actions, causes of action, or suits of any kind, relating to the established relationship between Stringham Schools and me.
- I understand that this release is binding and subject to and governed by the laws of the State of Utah.
- Publicity Release
- Stringham Schools is actively engaged in creating and updating its online content. As part of that content, some classes may be video recorded, including interactions between the student and instructors. Those recordings may or may not be used as curriculum in the future.
- I agree to be photographed, recorded, and videotaped by Stringham Schools and its agents during my real estate instructional courses.
- I hereby irrevocably authorize Stringham Schools and its affiliates to copyright, publish, reproduce, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, televise, digitize, display, otherwise use, and permit others to use:
- my name, image, likeness, and voice, and all photographs, recordings, videotapes, audiovisual materials, writings, statements, and quotations of or by myself (collectively, “Materials”), in any manner, form, or format whatsoever now or hereinafter created, including on the internet, and for any purpose. Those purposes include, but are not limited to, class recordings and productions, and advertising or promotion of Stringham Schools, its affiliates, or their services. Such use may be done without further consent from or payment to me.
- I understand that all material, films, audiotapes, videotapes, reproductions, media, plates, negatives, photocopies, and electronic and digital copies of the Materials, are the sole property of Stringham Schools.
- I agree not to contest the rights or authority granted to Stringham Schools regarding my publicity hereunder. I hereby forever release and discharge Stringham Schools, its employees, agents, affiliates, licensees, successors, and assigns from any claims, disputes, actions, damages, liabilities, costs, or demands whatsoever arising by reason of, but not limited to, defamation, invasion of privacy, right of publicity, copyright infringement, or any other personal or property rights from or related to any use of the Materials.
- I understand that Stringham Schools is under no obligation to use the Materials.
- Choice of Venue
- I understand that all suits arising out of or related to this agreement must be filed in Federal or State court located in Salt Lake County, Utah and I irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts.