Welcome, this website is published and maintained by Stringham Schools, Utah’s premier pre-licensing real estate school. This Enrollment Agreement (agreement) is a binding agreement between the student (you, your) and Stringham School (we, us). This agreement is to be read thoroughly. This agreement will govern your relationship with Stringham Schools and is subject to change at any time without notice to you. This agreement is binding and effective upon your signature, if enrolling in person, or your electronic acknowledgement that you agree to the termis of this agreement.
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT.
THIS IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND STRINGHAM SCHOOLS.
BY SUBMITTING TO THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ARE AGREEING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR EACH TERM AND CONDITION. THIS AGREEMENT IS TO BE READ IN THE FIRST PERSON.
- I understand that the tuition covers all costs of the course. I further understand that under Utah law, the pre-licensing course I’ve enrolled in is valid for only 12 months from the date of my enrollment and must be completed within that time to receive the necessary completion certificate required to be eligible to take the state licensing exam. I understand that my tuition allows me to retake classes any time within the 12 months of my enrollment, and that if I do not complete the course within the 12 months of enrolling, I will be subject to reenrollment, with a new tuition fee, and must begin the course from the beginning without any hours carrying over.
- I recognize that the cost of any additional written certifications required by the Utah Division of Real Estate or any other regulatory entity, for this or any other course, is NOT included in the tuition.
- I agree that all tuition must be received prior to receiving certification of hours. There will be a $50 charge on returned checks.
- I agree that tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- I understand that I can apply for a waiver of hours with the Division of Real Estate prior to enrollment in the course. The Division of Real Estate may issue a waiver of all or part of the required education hours by virtue of having completed:
- other equivalent education as part of a college undergraduate or postgraduate degree program, regardless of the date of the degree;
- having been licensed in a state that has substantially equivalent prelicensing education requirements; or
- evidence current membership in the Utah State Bar.
- A STUDENT ACCEPTED OR ENROLLED FOR EDUCATION HOURS CANNOT LATER REDUCE THOSE HOURS BY APPLYING FOR AN EDUCATION WAIVER. AN EDUCATION WAIVER MUST BE OBTAINED BEFORE A STUDENT ENROLLS AND IS ACCEPTED BY A SCHOOL FOR EDUCATION HOURS. Thus, once I enroll for for hours, I understand that I may no longer be issued a waiver.
- I understand that the Utah Division of Real Estate will conduct a thorough background investigation at the time I submit my application for licensing. I understand that applicants for licensure must disclose any criminal history by answering a questionnaire as part of the pre-license exam, as well as submit fingerprint cards to the Division and consent to a criminal background check. Licenses issued by the Division may be conditional, pending the completion of the background check. I understand that failure to accurately disclose a criminal history could result in an immediate and automatic license revocation. I acknowledge that applicants with a criminal history listed in Utah Administrative Code R162-2f-201(a) do not qualify for a license. I further acknowledge that applicants with a criminal history other than as described in R162-2f-201(a) will be considered on a case-by-case basis and may be required to appear at an administrative hearing to determine qualifications for licensure.
- I acknowledge that I have received the current state Examination Candidate Handbook for the State of Utah, and I have been made aware of the screening questions contained within it.
- Questions or concerns regarding the background investigation, or screening questions should be directed to the Utah Division of Real Estate at: (801)-530-6747.
- No Guarantee
- I understand and agree that completion of Stringham Schools’ classes is not a guarantee of course completion certification, passing of the state exam, licensure, or career employment. I further understand and agree that if I receive my course completion certificate, Stringham Schools does not guarantee my passing of the state exam, licensure, or employment. Additionally, I understand that Stringham Schools does not guarantee my own comprehension of the material, memorization understanding, or even my preparedness to take the state exam.
- Release of Liability
- I understand that through this contractual obligation, which I hereby acknowledge, do release and forever discharge Stringham Schools, their agents, employees, affiliates, licensees, successors, assigns, facilities, and premises from any claims, demands, damages, actions, causes of action, or suits of any kind, relating to the established relationship between Stringham Schools and me.
- I understand that this release is binding and subject to and governed by the laws of the State of Utah.
- Publicity Release
- Stringham Schools is actively engaged in creating and updating its online content. As part of that content, some classes may be video recorded, including interactions between the student and instructors. Those recordings may or may not be used as curriculum in the future.
- I agree to be photographed, recorded, and videotaped by Stringham Schools and its agents during my real estate instructional courses.
- I hereby irrevocably authorize Stringham Schools and its affiliates to copyright, publish, reproduce, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, televise, digitize, display, otherwise use, and permit others to use:
- my name, image, likeness, and voice, and all photographs, recordings, videotapes, audiovisual materials, writings, statements, and quotations of or by myself (collectively, “Materials”), in any manner, form, or format whatsoever now or hereinafter created, including on the internet, and for any purpose. Those purposes include, but are not limited to, class recordings and productions, and advertising or promotion of Stringham Schools, its affiliates, or their services. Such use may be done without further consent from or payment to me.
- I understand that all material, films, audiotapes, videotapes, reproductions, media, plates, negatives, photocopies, and electronic and digital copies of the Materials, are the sole property of Stringham Schools.
- I agree not to contest the rights or authority granted to Stringham Schools regarding my publicity hereunder. I hereby forever release and discharge Stringham Schools, its employees, agents, affiliates, licensees, successors, and assigns from any claims, disputes, actions, damages, liabilities, costs, or demands whatsoever arising by reason of, but not limited to, defamation, invasion of privacy, right of publicity, copyright infringement, or any other personal or property rights from or related to any use of the Materials.
- I understand that Stringham Schools is under no obligation to use the Materials.
- Choice of Venue
- I understand that all suits arising out of or related to this agreement must be filed in Federal or State court located in Salt Lake County, Utah and I irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use Stringham Schools’s website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of United States. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, Stringham Schools and/or it’s licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Stringham Schools All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from http://stringham.wpengine.com for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from http://stringham.wpengine.com
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from http://stringham.wpengine.com
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from http://stringham.wpengine.com
Redistribute content from Stringham Schools (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
- This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
- Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data (‘Comments’) in areas of the website. Stringham Schools does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of Stringham Schools, its agents or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws Stringham Schools shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
- Stringham Schools reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
- You hereby grant to Stringham Schools a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
- The following organizations may link to our Web site without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our Web site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Web sites of other listed businesses; and
- Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
- These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
- We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce, American Automobile Association, AARP and Consumers Union;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we determine that: (a) the link would not reflect unfavorably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organizations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link); (b)the organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of Stringham Schools; and (d) where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organization.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and it products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are among the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must notify us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Web site, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Web site as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of (cname)’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Web site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.